Sunday, July 28, 2013

Review: Rodan + Fields Dermatologists

Reviewer ~ Jackie Snider


Words cannot express how perfect this next review was for me. I had the immense pleasure of getting to try three different products from Rodan + Fields Dermatologists. In a few pleasant exchanges between Camille Vickers Jones and myself, I explained my skin issues and concerns and she promptly knew exactly what I needed. After she told me she was shipping it out, it took only 3 days to receive it! I was very impressed by how quick and efficient she was.



I have never been blessed with good skin. In addition, I’ll be the first to admit, I don’t treat it as well as I should. My entire life, childhood included, I have had very dry skin. I was diagnosed with eczema as a child, and possible psoriasis as an adult. I get dry patches on my face, namely my nose area and hairline, as well as my neck. In recent years I have developed a combination of both dry and oily skin. This is very hard to manage as most treatments are targeted for one or the other. So again, by nature, my skin has always been doomed. 

To take in to account my own self-damaging behaviors, it doesn’t get any better. I am a smoker, which is not good for your skin. In the last year, started wearing a decent amount of make up. By decent I mean everything from liquid and powder foundation all the way to fake eyelashes. I tend to shower in the morning and often fall asleep in my makeup. I’ve never been one to wear sun block, as sunburn has never been an issue. It should be said that 8 months ago, I moved to the Mojave Desert. I’ve been experiencing sun damage for the first time in my 24 years of life. The sun here is hotter than any I’d ever experienced and is dry and knowingly damaging. The water here is basically undrinkable and everyone has to use filtered water cooler companies. However, you can’t escape it when it comes to showering. I’ve tried numerous over the counter treatments as well as many dermatologist prescriptions.



(This photo doesn’t do justice, but you can see the red inflamed skin on and around my nose, as well as in my hairline.)

After explaining all of this to Camille Vickers Jones, she sent me what she felt were the best defenses against all my daily troubles. She included part of the Rodan + Fields Dermatologists Soothe Regimen. 

I got Step One SOOTHE Gentle Cream Wash, Step Three SOOTHE Moisture Replenishing Cream, and ESSENTIALS Lip Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 25

In the box was also a very nice handwritten note from Camille explaining the products and wishing me well with my time with them. I thought that was an extremely personal touch that meant a lot to me. 

I retrieved the package from my mailbox late in the evening. Although the wash said to use both AM and PM, I’m a bit OCD about not starting treatments from the beginning, so I decided to start first thing in the morning. 

I did, however, open them all up and smell! I thought both the wash and lotion didn’t have much of a scent. I assume that’s because they aren’t loaded with unnecessary fragrances. The lip balm gave the best first impression. As soon as I opened it I was intoxicated by the smell. In my opinion, it smelled of green tea! It was so soft and moisturizing. When I woke up the next morning it still felt freshly applied.
 

So before starting the treatment, I thought about how to make the most of it. I didn’t want to taint the result, if I could help it. I decided I would run a 2-week long course before writing the review to really be able to test results. I also vowed to only where makeup when absolutely ‘necessary’. Even then I would only wear the essentials. Lastly, I promised that I would stick to doing the regimen first thing in the morning, and last thing in the evening, thus preventing sleeping in the makeup.
 
On the first day, I woke up and immediately went to the bathroom to try the Soothe Gentle Cream Wash. It has directions for both dry and oily skin types.

For oily, it says to wet the skin, massage in a quarter sized amount of the wash into entire face evenly, rinse thoroughly and pat dry. For dry skin it says to massage in quarter-sized amount directly onto dry skin and use a gauze pad to remove any excess. Since mine is a mixture, I decided to just go with the more traditional way of using a face wash. 

The first thing I noticed as I applied it is the smooth milky texture. There was nothing overly fancy or exciting about the wash itself. It had no scent, bright colors, or busting exfoliation beads. In fact, it doesn’t even lather. The lack of lather threw me off a little at first since that wasn’t something I was used to. The chemical agents that cause soaps to lather are often unnecessary and can even be harmful. 

I applied it to my whole face, taking extra care to highlight the bridge and side of my nose, as well as my hairline. Also, it is stressed to avoid the eye area. Half the time, as one of the daily treatments occurred in the shower, I also included the dry patch on my neck. I discovered it’s a little difficult to wash your neck at the sink without making a mess. 

After every use I applied a dime-sized amount of the Soothe Moisture Replenishing Cream to my whole face, excluding my eyes and neck. The lotion is fragrance free, and very soft. It didn’t feel sticky or leave much residue. I did notice it left my face looking a little oily/shiny the first few days, but after my skin got used to the treatment this stopped occurring. 

I used the ESSENTIALS Lip Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 25 usually at least once a day.
 
As you can see, the skin is no longer red. It still is slightly blemished and paler than the rest of my face. This is after one week of use.

I managed to stick to most of the promises I made to myself prior to starting the regime. I only wore makeup four times in the two weeks, and never included foundation. I wore sun block on my face when going out in the sun. 

However I did miss at least one treatment a day, for a four days period in the middle of the second week. I got a really bad cold, which left my nose raw. Immediately following that, we had a blackout that lasted for over 24 hours, which made such rituals a challenge. 

However, after just three days of use, I could see and feel such a difference. My nose was no longer the angry red I’ve been used to on and off for years. After two weeks of nearly faithful use, I’m a huge believer in the products provided by Camille Jones, representative of Rodan + Fields Dermatology. All redness has disappeared from my problem areas, and is no longer irritated at all. The areas are slightly paler, as they haven’t been exposed to the sun as much due to the dry patches being there so long.
 
I have about half of a tube of the Soothe Gentle Cream Wash ($41) left after my two weeks of use, so I would guess it lasts about a month. The same can be said for the Soothe Moisture Replenishing Cream ($53). 

It’s hard to say how long the Lip Shield would last, as I’m sure that fluctuates person to person based on usage. The Essential Lip Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 25 can be purchased for $16 for a 2 pack! These are all amazing prices based on the results I’m confident to say you will achieve! 

End results after two weeks of use.
I will definitely be replacing these when I run out in a few weeks. Also, in case you are curious, the other parts of the SOOTHE line includes the Sensitive Skin Treatment and a Mineral Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30. The full four-part regime can be purchased for just $160. The company also carries a full variety of other products including, but not limited to anti-aging, anti-blemish, and anti-sun damage products.

So If you have been trying unsuccessfully to find the right skin treatment for your troubled skin, or maybe haven’t known where to even start, I can’t recommend Rodan + Fields Dermatology products enough. On top of that, I highly recommend going through Camille Vickers Jones to do so. She was so nice and friendly. She checked in to see how things were going, and was always there if I had any questions or concerns. 


(I apologize that the three photos are of different brightness and environment.
I promise the end results of two weeks use, is as good as it looks in the third photo!)

Contact Camille Vickers Jones: 
Facebook
Email
Rodan + Fields Website


  
*** 
This post was originally posted at WAHM Review and is being cross posted here by the original author.  I received no monetary compensation for this review, however I was provided with the product for free for purposes of review.  All opinions are my own. Click here see our full disclosure policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment