Sunday, January 5, 2014

Review: Brownie Brittle

Reviewer: Jackie Snider


I don’t know why this hasn’t been thought of before. For years company’s have been taking apart old favorite treats and stripping them down to the key elements.

If you look in your local store, you will find a box of just muffin tops. You will find frozen bowl of just the yummy middles from a cinnamon bun. It is no quite secret that everyone prefers the crunchy edges of a brownie. I’ve seen plenty of tools sold to create that crunch on each of your homemade brownies, but what if you could buy JUST the edges. Just cut right to the chase and take out the middleman, or middle brownie if you will. Sheila G. certainly thought so, and created Brownie Brittle!

They have currently have four varieties available. I was lucky enough to try all of them! The flavors are Chocolate Chip, Mint Chocolate chip, Toffee Crunch, and Salted Carmel. I couldn’t wait to rip open each one!
The first one we tried was the Salted Carmel. It is one of my favorite flavors of candy or coffee and I love the scent as well. They smell wonderful! The flavor was really good, but I wish it were a little saltier. The toffee crunch was delicious! It was the first bag to go empty. The chocolate chip tastes like an amazing super crunchy chocolate chip cookie. Lastly, the mint chocolate chip was my personal favorite. It has a lovely light cooling mint taste wrapped in chocolate.
 
The pieces were much bigger then my picture shows. Unfortunately I just didn’t take the picture until we were down to crumbs! Many were coming out the size of graham crackers. Believe it or not you could eat about 6 pieces (1 oz) and only be taking in about 120 calories!


While my family stuck to eating them straight out of the bag, now that we are down to crumbs, I plan to use them in baking! You can crush them to use as a crust, add them into cookie batter, or even just sprinkle some into ice cream! I wish I had thought to use them for S’mores while I still had big pieces. There is a section on their website filled with recipe ideas, and I can’t wait to try them when I buy some more!

Brownie Brittle can be found at restaurants and amusement parts around the country. You also can buy them at leading grocery stores such as Safeway, Costco, and Publix just to name a few! Even more so, you can purchase them straight off their website in varying bulk sizes and flavors.

Brownie Brittle Facebook
Brownie Brittle Website

 
*** 
This post was originally posted at WAHM Review and is being cross posted here by the original author.  I received no monetary compensation for this review, however I was provided with the product for free for purposes of review.  All opinions are my own. Click here see our full disclosure policy.

3 comments:

  1. I grabbed some more of this stuff from Safeway a few weeks ago. I can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found a shelf full at my new PX in Germany! The Salted Carmel is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dessert satisfies us to taste great chocolate desires with fewer calories than other sweet deliciously versatile, discover unique Brownies I think I can eat a lot no more diet at all.
    Local Citations

    ReplyDelete