Thursday, July 9, 2015

Review: Sinchies


It's summer, and that means picnics, park playdates, and a general increase in outings. Having two small children, one of which requires a special strict diet, purchasing quality snacks while we are out and about can be challenging, if not impossible. The solution is simple, just pack your own! Sinchies makes that even easier with their reusable sandwich and snack bags.

Yes, Sinchies, the very same company that I reviewed their refillable spout pouches, also offers reusable sandwich and snack bags! And they have honestly made my life easier when it comes to packing healthy and satisfying snacks and meals for on the go.



These bags come in three sizes: snack, wrap, and sandwich. Each baggie is made of a clear, thick, durable plastic with a zip top that creates an airtight seal that is not too difficult for small hands to open (the snack and sandwich sizes even have an extra tab at the top to help little fingers open them).

Each size comes in a pack of 5 ($10.80 for wrap and sandwich size, $7.80 for snack) or a pack of 10 ($18.80 for sandwich and wrap, $12.80 for snack). I received three of each size to try out, and I loved them.


The snack size was perfect for portioning out my daughter's food, having a mommy snack stored in my purse, and even for holding hairties and bobby pins!

While the wrap size would comfortably fit a tortilla wrap, I've actually found more use for it in holding raw veggies such as carrots, celery, and bell peppers, as my family is always eating them. It is also a great size for pens and pencils or even a wet baby swimsuit!

I really like the fact that it will stand up on its own, allowing it to transform into a serving dish for picnics and park outings. The sandwich sized baggie is fantastic for not just sandwiches, but also cookies, crackers, or even as an emergency wetbag for a cloth diaper!

I foresee a lot of use from these bags as my daughter gets older, as I can pack preweighed foods into them and label them with what they are and the protein and phe amounts.

I will also definitely be using these for our upcoming move!

As with the spouted pouches, these bags are easy to clean; simply rinse and wash with a little soap and water (I use a bottle brush to get all the nooks and crannies) and let air dry. Being clear, it is easy to see if you've completely cleaned it.

 I love the versatility and durability of these bags, they can hold so much more than just snacks, and fit nicely into a purse, diaper bag, or lunchbox.

I know that as the children start school, I will be getting more of these wonderful bags to help contain foods and even teach them about portion sizes. Yet more great products from Sinchies!


7 comments:

  1. Okay, I need to try these because I'm one of those weirdos who washes out regular ziplock bags and these are a whole lot sturdier. Unrelated, but I love your hair color, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I feel you on the washing out regular zip top baggies, my parents did the same thing, then complained about the bags splitting!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! And I feel you on the washing out regular zip top baggies, my parents did the same thing, then complained about the bags splitting!

      Delete
  2. These are perfect for my girl's school lunches, I'll need to look into this. Thanks for the review! #ProductReviewParty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I like that these are actually clear. I've been trying to go green and reusable bags like these are a good next step.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always packing lunches, so these would be so handy to have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like these Sinchies! What a super idea and I do pack lunches also, so it would be great to use.
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete